Online blackjack is perhaps the most popular casino games on the Internet, and every single casino out there will include it on their website. Blackjack has one of the highest Return-To-Player (RTP) percentages out of all casino games if you play at a reputable casino that practices fair gaming. That’s why it’s so vital that you’re meticulous in choosing the right website for you – luckily for you, we’ve given you a breakdown of all you need to know when it comes to safety on how to play blackjack online!
Where to Play Safe Internet Blackjack Online
- Las Atlantis: Las Atlantis is a great casino to play at as they have a generous welcome bonus of 280% up to $14,000. They’re SSL secured and host games from reliable software operators Realtime Gaming. These three aspects make them a solid choice to play on.
- Red Dog: Red Dog is an excellent casino for their live dealer services. They have all the necessary licenses and certifications to prove to their players that they are a reliable casino. Playing online blackjack here at the live dealer tables is an excellent time, as you know everything is done legally.
- Super Slots: Super Slots also has a great live dealer service, which is always a bonus as live dealer tables are impossible to cheat on. Super Slots provides its new customers with an enticing 300% welcome bonus up to $6,000, so jump on to play some online blackjack!
- El Royale: At El Royale, you have fantastic online virtual blackjack games with a whole load of different variations. Bet up to as much as $250 per hand to really rake up your account balance. If you ever feel uncomfortable, El Royale has a responsive customer service line as well.
- BetOnline: BetOnline is one of the oldest casinos around, and thus, has a reputation for being reliable. They have a great assortment of games, but their blackjack tables are some of the best out there, and they have a live dealer table for you to play on, too.
Selecting a Reputable Casino Matters
- Customer Service: An online casino must have competent customer service support staff that will go above and beyond to solve your query. Typically, casinos with 24/7 live chat support are the best, but most, if not all, casinos will have a hotline to call and a fast email system. These can help you feel safe and secure on their website, and it also gives them authority.
- Reputation: Having a good reputation amongst gamblers will always make an online casino seem more trustworthy. Humans are creatures of social groups, so if many people say a casino is trustworthy, more times than not, it is. Take a look online or browse our recommended casinos to see which one suits you best.
- Licensing: Last but not least, check if the casino you’re on has the appropriate licensing. They are usually found at the footer of their website and will look like a little badge. If the casinos have been approved by a governmental body (such as the Malta Gaming Group), they went through rigorous investigations to be approved by an independent third party.
License and Regulation
Gambling in America can truly be frustrating, as each state follows its own gambling laws instead of a federally mandated blanket bill that all states abide by. Therefore, depending on your geographical region, you could either enjoy all online gambling or none at all.
Is It Legal To Play Online Blackjack in the U.S.?
It depends on where you live. The current list of states where it’s legal to play blackjack are:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
And the list grows as the years go by, so keep an eye out to see if your state legalizes it in the near future.
Why Isn’t My State on That List?
It’s complicated. Each state has a set of problems unique to them. That could be from tribes controlling the rights to “Vegas-style” games to governors unable to agree to a bill. In states like North Carolina, two tribes control the gambling rights. Therefore it’s hard for the state government to get any bill passed without input from those tribes.
Also, most of the time, the bills that have been put on the House floor just aren’t good enough. They fail to disclose how much the government will receive from revenues, where it will go, what the government will do with it, etc. Most of the time, these bills are thrown onto the House floor just to make it seem like the governor is doing something. The bills that pass are those that reallocated gambling revenues to public infrastructure like public education. Many states have hopped on this trend, and if more apply those clauses to their bills, we may see more success in the future.
Stay Safe When Playing Online Blackjack
What Does a Fraudulent Casino Look Like?
As technology improves and making a website is easier than ever, it can be hard to discern what is legitimate and what is not. Here’s a little checklist to determine if a casino is legit:
- What Software Operators Do They Use?: If the casino hosts games from software operators such as Realtime Gaming, NetEnt, Betsoft, etc., then it means they are reputable enough to be partnered with these big names.
- Have They Been Investigated?: Do they have the appropriate licensing from either a government body or an independent third party? If they don’t have either of them, stay well away from that casino.
- Are They SSL Secure?: Having a secure cashier service is one of the most important aspects of running an online casino. Players shouldn’t play online blackjack with real money if the casino can’t ensure the player’s information safety.
If you ask these questions when investigating a casino and the results come back favorably, then you’re free to sign up and begin playing with real money.
It can be a daunting task to find a casino that is trustworthy enough to accept your money. Playing online blackjack should be a fun experience where you win money and enjoy your time at the table, not an experience where you’re constantly worried and stressed.
Our recommended casinos are vetted and investigated by us and will be an excellent place for you to play on. Win some real money and enjoy yourself at the online blackjack tables today!